I have a BA in English Literature from the University of Birmingham, an MPhil in Medieval Studies from University College Dublin and a PhD in English Literature from the University of Washington. I was a Visiting Fellow at Pembroke College, Cambridge before working as a tutor and lecturer at two prestigious universities in the UK (Sheffield and Birmingham).
Over the course of my academic life I presented my own academic papers. I have articles published on Celtic Studies and Medieval Literature. My book, Desiring Truth: The Process of Judgment in Fourteenth-century Art and Literature, was published by Routledge in 2005, and has recently been reissued in paperback.
Writing is my passion; I have a keen interest in history and biography and have in the past maintained a year-long blog and written a book of poetry. I thrive on working with people who have something to express via the written word, in the belief that through collaboration what emerges is greater than the sum of its parts.
Recent Commissions (2017-18)
To protect anonymity (which I take very seriously) I do not use names here. All of these clients have submitted work over the course of the last two years.
- Essays and articles on European History, including conference papers, for a full professor at a Russell Group university
- A dissertation on Victorian art history
- Numerous dissertations on honour-based violence
- A dissertation on the theory of social control
- Monograph on film history and theory to be published this year for Berghahn academic press
- A Celtic Studies monograph to be published by Cambridge University Press
- Edited diary of a year in the life of an Irish mother
- A monograph on neutrality in the long nineteenth century
- PhD work on molecular genetics
- A dissertation on Evelyn Waugh
- Conference papers on medieval literary analysis
- PhD on EU law
- The family journal of a peer of the realm!
- Conference papers on Medieval Studies
- Papers on Muslim identity
- Book chapters telling stories of Christian martyrs
- Chapters for a book on the Middle East
- Papers on the Turkish education system
- Book chapters on the Saudi Arabian healthcare system
- Chapters on the media and government in modern China
- A study of anthropological fieldwork and tribal religion
- Book reviews on medieval topography
- An overview of Muslim immigration in Britain
It might be nice to see the person behind the editor. Here are some of my outside interests.
- I love games, of all kinds: role-playing games (our pen and paper group meets every Saturday, as long as real life doesn’t get in the way), board games, card games like Magic: The Gathering and computer games.
- Music. Pop, jazz, country, rock, folk. I have also been learning to play the guitar.
- Computers. Whenever I buy one, it seems as though the first thing I do is take the back panel off it and start tinkering around. I love the precision and clarity of computer hardware.